If your account has been opened using an incorrect reading, we can work with you to get it changed. 

What do I need to do?

We’ll need you to take two meter readings seven days apart and also let us know the date they were taken. These will be used as ‘supporting’ readings. 

Once you’ve got your supporting readings, please send them to us here

If you have a meter reading from the date of your switch, please send us this too. We can use this as your ‘suggested’ opening read. If you don’t have one, don’t worry, we can calculate one for you using your supporting meter readings.

Here’s how it works

  • We’ll send our dispute of the opening reading to Industry and your previous supplier
  • The process can take up to six weeks to complete
  • Once the dispute is confirmed, both us and your previous supplier will update your account and create a new bill for you


You’ll be able to see your new opening reading in the 'Submit a reading' section of your online account.