If your opening reading is wrong, we can dispute it for you. This involves sending through an alternative proposal for this reading to the regulators (gas or electricity), with a suggested reading. Your suggested reading needs to be based on two supporting readings, ideally one reading should be from before you switched to us and one from after your switch. If you don’t have a suggested reading for your switch date, we can work this out for you, using the two supporting readings you provide.
Here’s how it works
- Take down two supporting readings at least seven days apart.
- Contact us online with your supporting readings.
- Suggest your opening reading, or we can work it out for you.
- We’ll send our dispute of the opening reading to the regulators (gas, or electricity).
- The whole process can take on average four to six weeks.
- If the dispute is confirmed, both us and your previous supplier will update our records and produce revised bills for you.
You’ll be able to see your new opening reading in the readings section of your online account.