Switching your energy supply may seem complicated, but we'll help with regular progress updates by email.
What’s a cooling-off period?
When you register to switch energy supply, you enter a 14 day cooling-off period:
- This will be confirmed in your registration confirmation email.
- At any time during the period, if you change your mind about switching, you can cancel your registration without penalty.
- We'll begin the process of transferring your energy supply.
- We’ll keep you up to speed with what’s happening via email.
Please keep in mind that switching timescales are very much dependent on your previous supplier and energy industry practices.
I didn’t get a registration email. What should I do?
If you don’t get a registration confirmation email, there may be a problem. To check that your details are correct, contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
So what happens next?
Once you’ve decided to switch, information needs to be shared between all parties to ensure that:
- We know exactly which meter relates to your home
- Your meters are suitable for the tariff you’ve applied for
- We’re able to take over your supply
- Your previous supplier has no objections to the switch
Your switch will be finalised three to six days after your cooling-off period ends, meaning the whole process only takes two and a half weeks.
If any problems come up, we’ll let you know by email so we can quickly get your application back on track.
How is my switch progressing?
Want to know where you are in the switching journey? It’s really easy.
Firstly, we’ll send you a welcome email to the email address you used during registration. Simply follow the instructions within this email to activate your online account.
Once you’ve activated, all you have to do is:
- Log in to your account
- Enter your email address and password
- Read all about what’s happening with your switch
When will my supply go live?
Your supply will be live three to six days after your cooling-off period ends. We’ll email you shortly before your supply goes live to ask for a meter reading. You’ll also get an email on the day the switch takes place.
Remember, if you're switching both gas and electricity, you'll get two separate emails which may be a few days apart.