The first thing you need to do is to check your fuse box, if any of the fuses have tripped:
- Turn off your appliances
- Reset the switch
- Turn off all trip switches then turn back on one by one doing the lights first as it's the lowest ampage
If your fuse hasn't tripped and your neighbours don't have power either, it will be an issue with the wider network. In this situation, and are on the Priority Services Register, please call 0141 249 3999.
If you smell gas or have any concerns about gas safety you need to:
- Call National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999: Calls are free and advice is available 24/7
- Or, Contact Us on 0330 094 5800, select Option 9
- Ventilate the property by opening all doors and windows.
- Avoid using any electrical equipment within the property- including light switches/mobile phones- or naked flames.
- Turn off the gas at the emergency control valve by the meter- normally turned off when the handle is at right angles to the pipe.