Yes, sometimes we’re not able to fit a smart meter due to reasons beyond control.
- Poor mobile network coverage in your area
- Smart meters rely on mobile technology to communicate, so if your signal is weak, your meter won’t be able to send your readings
- Your meter isn’t accessible
- For example, some meters can be obstructed by kitchen units built around them.
- There isn’t enough room to install the meter
- If our smart meter is larger than your existing meter, there won’t be enough space for the exchange
- A metering system problem that isn’t related to your energy supplier
- For example, there could be a problem with the main supply fuse, which is owned by the local Distribution Network Operator (DNO). Likewise, our engineer cannot resolve issues with your appliances.
We wouldn’t be able to determine any of these issues before the engineers visit your property. The engineer will need to conduct a quick survey, including a meter installation safety assessment before your meter is installed. If we aren’t able to fit a smart meter, we’ll let you know the reason.