If you think your gas or electricity reading is too high, or your meter reading is moving up too quickly, we’ll look into it for you. To do this, we’ll need some information.
Please take one meter reading every day for seven days at a similar time each day. This shows us your average usage over the course of a day and week.
To help us understand your energy usage, please answer these questions:
- How many people live in your home?
- What times of the day are you at home?
- If it’s your gas meter that's too high, what gas appliances do you have? For example, gas cooker, gas boiler.
- If it’s your electricity meter that's too high, what electrical appliances do you have? For example, electric cooker, underfloor heating.
- Have you recently had work carried out at the property? If so, what?
Please contact us with your readings and the answers to these questions.
We’ll look at everything you send us and get in touch to let you know what happens next.