Yes. All of our smart meters are certified to the security standards set out in our Supplier License and the Smart Energy Code (SEC).
Watch our video to find out more about how we use and store the data from your smart meter.
Will my information be shared with anybody?
We don’t sell your information and we only share your energy usage information with:
- Network operators as we work with them to supply your energy
- Law enforcement agencies, to prevent fraud or criminal investigations
- Opinion Matters, who may contact you after your smart meter installation to ask you some questions about how it went.
- This is to ensure that we’re following industry regulations. Don’t worry, your responses to their survey will be kept anonymous and Opinion Matters will not share your information.
- Our smart meter user guide
- A data guide is available from the EnergyUK website.
You can find out more about the personal information we hold for you in our terms and conditions