We keep a confidential register, called our Priority Services Register (PSR) which we share with the electricity and gas Distribution Network. For example, if you rely on medical equipment, your local electricity and/or gas distributor will need to make you aware of any planned interruptions to your supply.
You may wish to join the PSR if you:
- Are of a pensionable age.
- Have a disability, impairment, or are chronically sick. This is particularly important where you are using mains-operated medical equipment to maintain your well-being, and you require advance warning of an interruption in your electricity supply.
- Rely on electrically powered, medical and or mobility equipment.
- Have a child or young children aged five or under.
What additional services do you offer?
Even if you’d rather not be on our Priority Services Register, you may be eligible for one or more of the following additional services, depending on your personal situation:
- Password protection scheme. You can set up a unique personal password, for our team members to use, if they ever need to visit your home.
- Bill nominee scheme. If you need assistance in reading and checking your bills, we can send them (or a copy of them) to a friend, relative or carer of your choice.
- Services for visually or hearing impaired consumers. We can provide information, such as meter readings and bills, in the easiest format for you, including Braille, large print, audio tape.
You can find more information about the services we offer in our policy, Helping our vulnerable customers.