I’m thinking of leaving, what do I need to do?
We’re sorry that you’re thinking of leaving us. We want to make your experience as smooth as possible, whether you’re joining or leaving. Call us on 0330 094 5800 to start the process and we’ll talk through your options.
We value your feedback, so if there’s anything you think we need to improve on, let us know.
Is there an exit fee for leaving?
No - if you’re on one of our fully flexible tariffs, you won’t be charged an exit fee as you aren’t tied to a fixed period.
Yes - if you’re on one of our fixed tariffs and leave before the end of your fixed period, you may be charged an exit fee depending on when your tariff is expires. You'll see this in the charges section of your final bill.
Follow the link for information about why we charge exit fees. And for information relating to your own tariff, check the terms and conditions within your tariff guide, available from your online account. If you’re unsure about whether you’ll be charged an exit fee or not, contact us.
I've let you know that I'm leaving, what happens next?
Once you've registered with another supplier, you’ll start your switch away from us, and there are a few steps before your account with us is closed:
- You’ll submit your opening readings to your new supplier, to open your account.
- Your readings will be sent to the gas and electricity regulators to be validated.
- Once your readings have been validated against previous ones for your property, they’ll be sent to us, so we can close your account.*
- When we’ve received your readings we’ll produce your final bill within six weeks (your final readings will have an ‘F’ next to them).
- If there’s an outstanding balance, or credit, you’ll see this on your gas and electricity statement.
- There will be a payment due date on your bill, for you to pay your outstanding balance. If there’s credit left on your bill, you’ll receive a refund of this within 10 working days.
- And that’s it, your account with us will be closed and you’ll continue with your new supplier.
I haven’t requested to leave
If you haven’t requested to leave, but you’ve received an email to say you are leaving, you can find advice here.
You objected to my switch away
There are a few reasons why we’d object to your switch:
- Outstanding debt on your account.
- You haven’t been with us for more than 28 days.
If the issue is related to a debt on your account, the objection will be lifted if you pay the outstanding charges within 30 working days (from the date we told you we were objecting to your switch away).
For more information about why your switch has been stopped, or if you don’t agree with the objection, get in touch with us on 0330 094 5800.