Our goal is to provide you with the very highest standards of customer service. In the unlikely event that you’re unhappy with our service and would like to make a complaint, please get in touch with our customer services department:
Online: Complete our online complaints form and we’ll be in touch.
By phone: 0330 094 5800
Typetalk: 18002 0330 0945 800
Write to:Customer Services
PO Box 6363
How we deal with your complaint
- We aim to handle all complaints as soon as we can.
- We’ll usually try to resolve any issues at the time of your first call or contact.
- We’re committed to responding in writing within 10 working days.
- We’ll make a record on your customer account of any conversations between us and how the issue has been resolved.
If we need to collect any further information or investigate the complaint in more detail, we will give you a reference number. This is for any future contact and to keep you updated on progress.
Get a copy of our Complaints Policy and Procedures
You can download full details of our Complaints Policy and Procedures.
Guaranteed Standards of Service
Guaranteed and Overall Standards of Service are obligations we’re required to meet. These include appointments scheduled for work on your meter. You can download our Guaranteed Standards of Service policy.
Why can complaint resolution be delayed?
Delays to complaint resolution generally occur when:
- the complaint needs more detailed investigation or
- more information is required from a third party to make sure that the complaint is dealt with to the standard that our customers expect.
You can find further information on the Consumer Complaints Handling Standards at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/1898/contents/made
How can I get independent advice?
You can also get independent advice from consumer organisations, such as Citizens Advice. You can contact their advisors at any point in the complaint process. Find contact details on the Citizens Advice website.
Free independent advice is also available from the Energy Ombudsman:
Phone: 0330 440 1624
Post: Ombudsman Services: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF