Occasionally, things go wrong and your supply is switched in error. This doesn’t happen very often, but if it does, the reason could be that:
- Incorrect details were entered on a switching site.
- Incorrect meter details were recorded, for example, the wrong MPAN/MPRN information, leading to us taking on your supply.
- Your registration to switch was cancelled outside of the cooling-off period.
What’s an MPAN/MPRN and why does it matter?
Every energy supplier uses:
- The Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN) to identify your electricity’s location supply.
- A Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) to identify the location of your gas supply.
If these details are recorded incorrectly, the wrong home can be billed for energy. This happen if:
- You used a switching site and made a mistake when entering your MPAN/MPRN.
- The incorrect details actually match another home’s MPAN/MPRN.
- The wrong home will be billed by mistake. And of course, similar mistakes can be made by a field sales agent.
Cancellation outside of cooling-off period
When you register to switch to us, you’re given a 14 day cooling-off period during which you can cancel your registration.
But if you decide to cancel your registration after the cooling-off period has expired, the switch will still go through. If this happens, you have to wait 28 days before you can transfer to another supplier (our usual Terms & Conditions apply).
Need more help?
If you think you’ve been switched to us by mistake, please contact us.