If you smell gas or have any concerns about gas safety you need to:
- Call National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999: Calls are free and advice is available 24/7
- Or, Contact Us on 0330 094 5800, select Option 9
- Ventilate the property by opening all doors and windows.
- Avoid using any electrical equipment within the property- including light switches/mobile phones- or naked flames.
- Turn off the gas at the emergency control valve by the meter- normally turned off when the handle is at right angles to the pipe