We’re committed to giving our customers a helping hand when they need it most.
If you’re struggling to pay your bill, the most important thing you can do is get in touch with us. This helps us understand your situation and find the best ways to support you. You can help us do this by taking a few steps yourself first.
Here’s how we’ll work together to help you if you’re struggling to pay:
1. Check your account is in order
Send us an up-to-date meter reading. It keeps your bills accurate, so you know you’re paying the right amount for the energy you’re using. Learn more about reading your meter.
If you need extra support, join our Priority Service Register. It helps us know how best to help you. You could be of pensionable age, have young children, a disability, or a health condition - among other reasons. Learn more about the Priority Service Register.
Make sure you’re accessing all the support you’re entitled to, including Government measures. Find more details of the extra help available to customers in our support hub.
2. Get in touch with us - we can help
If you’re worried about paying your bill, the most important step you can take is to get in touch with our dedicated team.
You can call us on 0330 094 5800 - lines are open from 8am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 4pm on Saturday. Or if you’d rather not speak on the phone, you can start a conversation over email.
- Listen to you, and find out how best to support you
- Get to know your circumstances, in particular whether you or anyone in your household is vulnerable
- Work with you to find appropriate and affordable solutions
- See if our Helpfund could be of use
- Offer energy-efficiency advice, including our room-by-room list of tips.
If you need more support because you’re struggling with debt and your wider finances, we suggest checking out the StepChange Money Health Check tool. Answer a few simple questions about your situation, and you’ll be offered free, personalised advice and support. They’ll also help you prepare information that helps us find the right solutions for your energy account.
3. Access independent advice and support
If you need additional help with debt or finances, these independent, not-for-profit organisations are available to help:
- Citizens Advice (or call 0808 223 1133)
- StepChange (or call 0800 138 1111)
- Moneyhelper (or call 0300 500 5000)
- National Debtline (or call 0808 808 4000)
If you’re already on a payment plan
If you think you won’t be able to make a payment towards your agreed payment plan, please contact our team on 0800 011 5166 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can.
Please note, this email address is only for customers already on an agreed payment plan. If you aren’t on a plan and need to speak to us, you can find the most convenient way to contact us.