We recommend that you use the router that we’ve sent to you, as this allows us to assist you with any problems that you may have.
If you need to know the username and password to connect your own router then please call us on 0330 094 5801. Lines are open 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm on Saturday.
Once you have been provided with your router credentials, if you’re on Fast Broadband you’ll need to do the following:
- Type or encapsulation 'PPPoA' or 'PPP over ATM'
- Virtual Path Identifier (VPI) 0
- Virtual Channel Identifier (VCI) 38
- Multiplexing method 'VC Based' or 'VCMUX' or 'VC-Multiplexing'
If you’re on one of our fibre packages:
- Set connection type to PPPoE
- Leave all settings as default except enable 802.1Q and set VLAN tag to 101
Please don’t attempt to amend these settings if you’re using the router that we’ve sent to you.