There are a number of reasons why your internet may not be working. Most connectivity issues can be resolved at home by checking your setup and making sure that your cables are securely in the back of your router and then restarting it.
To do this:
- Make sure your router is plugged into the master socket
- If needed, connect a microfilter
- Switch the power off at the wall
- Wait 10 seconds
- Switch power back on at the wall
- Wait two minutes for the router to power up and establish a connection to the internet
Have you just joined our service?
If your service is due to go live today, remember that this can take until midnight.
Problems in your area?
Occasionally, internet and/or telephone issues can be caused by problems in your area (outages). Openreach prioritise these faults to get your area back up and running as soon as possible. It's always worth checking with neighbours to see if they're also experiencing problems with their service.
Are you plugged into your mastersocket?
The mastersocket is where the telephone line enters the home and therefore offers the strongest connection. It is important that your router is plugged in here rather than an extension socket.