It's important to maintain your gas appliances to minimise the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and protect yourself and your family.

What is carbon monoxide poisoning and what are the symptoms?

Often termed the 'silent killer', carbon monoxide is an invisible, tasteless and odourless gas which is highly dangerous. While high levels of exposure can still cause considerable harm.

The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are:

  • Headaches
  • Flu-like symptoms
  • Nausea
  • Dizziness

If you think you or your family may be affected, seek medical help immediately.

How to avoid the dangers of carbon monoxide?

In order to minimise the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning, it's important to have your gas appliances serviced regularly by a gas safe registered engineer and install a special carbon monoxide alarm.