When we installed your smart meter, we would have provided you with a smart meter user guide. The user guide gives you an overview of your smart meter, in-home display, and more. You can find a copy of our user guide here.
Reading your smart electricity meter
- Press the ‘top’ push button to wake up the display backlight and display the ‘General’ menu.
- Use the ‘bottom’ push button to step through menu options: ‘General’, then ‘Boost’, and then ‘Registers’ menus will be displayed.
- Select the ‘Registers’ menu by pressing the ‘top’ push button.
- Use the ‘bottom’ push button to step through menu options: ‘Cumulative’, then ‘Rates in Use’, and then ‘Rates 1-48’ menus will be displayed.
- Select the ‘Rates 1-48’ menu by pressing the ‘top’ push button.
- Use the ‘bottom’ push button to step through menu options: ‘Imp. R1’, ‘Imp. R2’, ‘Imp. R3’ AND SO ON, up to ‘Imp. R48’.
- Imp R1 for single-rate tariffs
- Imp R1 and Imp R2 for 2-rate tariffs
- Imp R1, Imp R2, and Imp R3 for 3-rate tariffs
- Please use the correct Rate(s) meter reading value(s) in kWh, which are relevant to your tariff (ignoring any decimal places).
Read your smart gas meter
When the display is first woken up (by pressing any button), the gas meter reading is displayed (‘Current meter reading’). This is shown in cubic meters (m3). Ignore the decimal places.
The screen will go blank after a short time to save the meter’s battery power.
Unsure if this the same as the meter in your property? Click here to identify your smart meter.