Once your application to your new supplier is accepted, they’ll start your switch.
If you agree to faster switching, your switch could be completed in as little as two days.
Before we can close your account, there are a few steps that need to happen:
- You’ll need to send your new supplier a meter reading
- Your new supplier will send us your meter readings. This can take up to 28 days
- Once we receive your final meter readings, we’ll close your account and produce your final bill
- Your final readings will have an ‘F’ next to them
- We’ll produce your final bill within six weeks of you leaving us
If there’s a credit balance left on your account, you won’t need to contact us. We’ll automatically refund you within 10 working days of sending your final bill.
If you pay by Direct Debit, we’ll refund your bank account. If we don’t have your bank details, we’ll send you a cheque instead.
If your account is in debit after your final bill, we’ll request the full amount. This is due 10 working days after the bill is produced, but you’ll find your payment due date on your bill.
Your account will then be closed and you’ll continue with your new supplier.
You’ll still be able to access your online account to view bills and make payments. When you log in, you’ll see a pop-up box reminding you that you’re no longer a customer - just close it to continue.