An Erroneous Transfer, or E.T, is when an energy supplier mistakenly switches the wrong gas or electricity supply.
They can happen for a number of reasons;
- Incorrect details entered in an application
- Wrong information recorded within the Industry, for instance, your electricity or gas supply number or the address they link to.
- Human or system error within the energy company
- Related electricity supplies but only one of them has been switched
- In rare cases, your details might have been used fraudulently
An Erroneous Transfer is resolved within four weeks, but it’s important that you let your supplier know as quickly as possible as they might not be aware of the issue.
For information on what happens next, click here.