How is Nest controlled?
For the Nest Learning Thermostat user guide, please follow the link.
My Nest isn't working
I'm moving home, can I take my Nest with me?
You can take your tariff and Nest Learning Thermostat with you to your new home.
The Nest Learning Thermostat should be professionally uninstalled from your current property and re-installed at your new property if you wish to take it with you.
You can find a professional installer in your area via the Nest website. Click here.
Shell Energy will not be responsible for any costs relating to this work.
What happens to my heating if my Wi-Fi goes down?
If you are without Wi-Fi or internet you are still able to control your heating and schedule through the Nest device.
What do I need for the Nest Thermostat to work in my home?
To have the Nest Thermostat successfully installed, you must have a fully working central heating system, plus:
- A dual fuel supply from Shell Energy
- A 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi with broadband internet
- An active email address;
- A smartphone or tablet with iOS 9.0 or higher, Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or higher
- A power socket with 100–240 V
If you're still unsure, use Nests compatibility checker.
Will the Nest Learning Thermostat work with my heating system?
The Nest Learning Thermostat is compatible with most central heating systems. If you'd like to double-check your home's compatibility, just use this tool and you'll know in a few moments. The Nest Learning Thermostat is compatible with most central heating systems, including:
- Combi boilers
- System and heat-only boilers
- Domestic hot water tanks
- Hydronic underfloor systems
- Air-source and ground-source heat pumps (heating only)
- Zoned systems (one Nest Thermostat per zone)
- Heating systems with OpenTherm technology
If you're still unsure about your home's compatibility, use Nests compatibility checker.