The readings sent by your smart meter include many benefits. They are used to:
- Calculate and produce accurate bills for you.
- Calculate your monthly payment amount, if you pay by Direct Debit.
- Help to provide you with personal and relevant energy saving advice through My Energy.
- Provide you with a quote for our other tariffs.
- Regularly update your energy usage graph so you can keep track of your energy spend.
What information do you collect from my smart meter and how often?
Your smart meter will send readings to us automatically, using mobile communication technology. We’ll collect information about your energy usage so we can provide you with a number of benefits, such as accurate bills.
We can collect your readings half hourly, daily or monthly, depending on your preference. Your readings will be sent to us on a daily basis as this is the default. But, with your preference set to half hourly, you'll get the full benefits of your usage graph and My Energy features. This will help you to save your energy, therefore your money.
What are my rights and choices?
- You can tell us how often you’d prefer us to collect your meter readings (half-hourly, daily or monthly) through your online account.
- You can tell us how often you’d like us to collect your readings at the time of installation or after. If you don’t tell us within seven days, we’ll continue to collect your readings on a daily basis.