If you're calling from a third party (council, letting agent, housing authority or Army) you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform of tenants moving in or out of a property that we supply.
Here’s what we’ll need from you:
- The date the tenants moved in/out
- Meter reading(s) for the date they moved in/out
- A forwarding address so we can send a final bill to the previous occupants (if applicable)
- Your contact details
- A signed and dated tenancy agreement
If a tenant is moving in
We’d appreciate the tenants getting in touch with us directly. That way we can work out the tariff and payment type that will work best for them.
If a tenant is moving out
If the tenant moves out the home owner becomes responsible for the energy bill until a new tenant moves in.
What if the date or read is wrong for when the tenant moved in or out?
Don’t worry, this can be changed so the tenant can be billed accurately. We require the below evidence to be sent to email@example.com:
- Time-stamped photo of the meter reading on the disputed date
- Inventory report (check in/check out report)
- Signed tenancy agreement clearly showing the information required to dispute
No one is living in the property, why has a bill been produced?
If there’s no energy used within the property, the home owner will still be required to pay a daily standing charge. This information can be found on the bill.