We understand that sometimes it may be difficult to keep your prepayment meter topped up, so we’re here to support you.
If you're struggling to pay and believe your supply may be affected, you can contact our friendly team on chat to discuss your individual circumstances. Just click here to start your conversation, ensuring you select Prepayment from the dropdown in what you'd like to talk to us about.
Our dedicated team will:
- Assess your ability to pay
- Listen and seek to understand your circumstances, in particular, whether you or anyone in your household is vulnerable.
- Offer solutions to help you top up your meter.
- Offer you energy efficiency advice to help you reduce your energy costs.
You can also find further information about organisations that can help if you’re struggling to pay:
StepChange Debt Charity (or call 0800 138 1111)
Money Advice Service (or call 0300 500 5000)
National Debtline (or call 0808 808 4000)
Citizens Advice (or call 0808 223 1133)
Turn2us is a national charity that supports people in financial hardship and assists in giving them access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services.
Energy Efficiency Advice:
Further information can be found on our Energy saving advice page.
You can also find free, independent advice from the Energy Saving Trust. Visit their website or call them on 0800 512 012.
Are there any government organisations that can support me?
There’s lots of support though various government organisations and charities to give you advice:
- Stepchange- The UK’s largest provider of free, independent debt advice, helping thousands of people every week to overcome debt problems. Talk to them for free on 0800 138 1111 (Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 8am-4pm).
- National Debtline
- Priority Service Register (PSR)
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Independent Debt Advice