If you’re finding it difficult to manage your prepayment account at the moment, we’re here to support you.
If you're struggling to pay, you can contact our friendly team to discuss your circumstances. Once we know more about you, we can find ways to help.
Call us on 0330 094 5802. Lines are open from 8am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 4pm on Saturday.
Our dedicated team will:
- Listen, and seek to understand your circumstances - especially if you need extra help (or someone else in your household does)
- Assess your ability to pay
- Suggest solutions to help you top up your meter
- Offer energy-saving advice to help reduce your costs
Priority Service Register
Our Priority Service Register lets us know if you or someone in your household needs extra support. It might be that you’re of pensionable age, have a disability, a mental-health condition, or young children in your household. If this applies to you, or someone you’re looking after, you can learn more and register online.
Other help and advice
Help is out there. We recommend the following independent, not-for-profit organisations for specialist advice and support.
- StepChange helps people manage debt (call 0800 138 1111)
- Turn2us supports people in financial hardship and helps them access welfare benefits, charitable grants, and support services.
- National Debtline gives free and independent debt advice via online chat (or call 0808 808 4000)
- Citizens Advice Bureau helps people with debt and advises them on their consumer rights via online chat (or call 0808 223 1133)
When it comes to saving energy, even the smallest changes can add up to a bigger difference. We’ve compiled a room-by-room list of ways to use less energy.
You can also find free, independent advice from Energy Saving Trust or call them on 0800 512 012.