You should never send your credit or debit card details via email. In reality, email travels between computers pretty much like letters travel through the post. It can be intercepted and read by parties you’re unaware of along the way.
Examples of information you should never send via email/ letter include:
- Any bank / financial account numbers
- Credit / debit card numbers (PAN)
- Credit / debit card expiry date
- Credit / debit card CVV number
- Driver’s license numbers
- Passport numbers
- National Insurance number
- Protected health information
- Any passwords or authentication credentials
You should never include your sensitive information in your written communication to us.