Ofgem, the energy regulator, appointed Shell Energy to support Green (Green Supplier Limited) customers after the company ceased trading on Wednesday 22 September.
- Shell Energy has now taken over your energy supply.
- Once you receive your account activation email, you need to set up a new Direct Debit with us.
- If your Green account was in credit, we’ll add any money you’re owed to your Shell Energy account. We’re working with Green’s administrators to make sure your credit balance is transferred as soon as possible.
- If you’re a prepayment customer please carry on topping up as normal.
- If you want to switch to a new supplier, you can do so soon, but Ofgem suggests holding off until your account is fully set up. In any case, we think you’ll like it here at Shell Energy, so we hope you’ll stay.
How will I be kept updated?
We’ll contact you with an update as soon as possible, so you don’t need to call or email us for now.
You’ll also find the latest updates on our blog.
Why were Shell Energy appointed to take over my account?
Ofgem decided we were the best people for the job. We proved that we’re able to deal with a large number of new customers and showed a commitment to bringing you on board.