Ofgem, the energy regulator, has appointed Shell Energy to support Colorado Energy customers after the company ceased trading earlier this week.
- Shell Energy will automatically take over your supply – you don’t need to do anything.
- Your energy supply will continue as normal.
- If your account is in credit, we’ll add any money you’re owed to your Shell Energy account. However, as we’re currently working with administrators, this may take a while.
- If you’re a prepayment customer please carry on topping up as normal.
- If you want to switch to a new supplier, you can do so in a few weeks, but Ofgem suggests holding off for now while we set up your account. In any case, we think you’ll like it here at Shell Energy, so we hope you’ll stay.
What do I need to do next?
We’re working closely with Ofgem and Colorado Energy’s administrators to ensure a seamless switchover. Right now you don’t need to do anything – we’ll be in touch if we need any extra information.
Will I lose electricity or gas?
Rest assured, you won’t be left without an energy supply at any point during the switching process. If you have prepayment meters, do keep your meter topped up as normal.
How will I be kept updated?
We’ll contact you with an update as soon as possible, so you don’t need to call or email us for now.
You’ll also find the latest updates on our blog.
Why were Shell Energy appointed to take over my account?
Ofgem decided we were the best people for the job. We proved that we’re able to deal with a large number of new customers and showed a commitment to bringing you on board.
Shell Energy is a well backed business, with experienced leadership and a strategy that plans for the long term with the necessary provisions to ride out the challenges in the energy industry right now.