Ofgem, the energy regulator, has appointed Shell Energy to support GOTO Energy customers after the company ceased trading earlier this week.
- Shell Energy will automatically take over your supply – you don’t need to do anything.
- Your energy supply will continue as normal.
- If your account is in credit, we’ll add any money you’re owed to your Shell Energy account. However, as we’re currently working with administrators, this may take a while.
- If you’re a prepayment customer please carry on topping up as normal.
- If you want to switch to a new supplier, you can do so in a few weeks, but Ofgem suggests holding off for now while we set up your account. In any case, we think you’ll like it here at Shell Energy, so we hope you’ll stay.
When will I receive my account details?
We’ve started setting up your online account access and you should receive your login details in the next few days. This means you can set up a new Direct Debit if you haven’t already done so.
Why haven’t I received my account details yet?
You may not have received your account number and login details from us yet, but we're working hard to get these to you as soon as possible.
There are a few reasons we may not have been able to set up your account yet. One is that you might have a complex or non-standard meter that we're trying to set up for you.
Rest assured, we're working hard to get your account up and running. You don’t need to do anything – we’ll be in touch soon with an update on your account.
Will I lose electricity or gas?
Rest assured, you won’t be left without an energy supply at any point during the switching process. If you have prepayment meters, do keep your meter topped up as normal.
How will I be kept updated?
We’ll contact you with an update as soon as possible, so you don’t need to call or email us for now.
You’ll also find the latest updates on our blog.
Why were Shell Energy appointed to take over my account?
Ofgem decided we were the best people for the job. We proved that we’re able to deal with a large number of new customers and showed a commitment to bringing you on board.
Shell Energy is a well backed business, with experienced leadership and a strategy that plans for the long term with the necessary provisions to ride out the challenges in the energy industry right now.