The following steps will help you set up your email address on your Android phone.
Before you start, it's a good idea to test your username and password in webmail to make sure they're correct.
If you've already set up your email account but it's not working, try deleting the account then adding it again. Simply tap Settings, then accounts. Tap your email account, then tap remove account. Once you've deleted it, follow the steps below:
Email setup steps
- Open Settings. You can do this by either tapping your Menu button and selecting Settings or by simply tapping the Settings icon on the App List.
- Tap Accounts and backup, followed by Accounts, then add Account.
- Tap Email from the account types then other.
- Enter your email address and password and tap Manual setup.
- Tap IMAP account.
- Check your incoming server settings match those shown:
Username: Your email address ending with @pobroadband.co.uk or @mypostoffice.co.uk
IMAP server: mail.pobroadband.co.uk
Tap Sign in
- Check your outgoing server settings match those shown
SMTP server: smtp.pobroadband.co.uk
- Tap Sign in
Your email account is now set up. You have the option to give your account a name and add a name to be displayed as the email sender. When you're finished tap Done.
If you’re still having trouble setting up your email, then for more detailed help and troubleshooting head over to the Android support site.