Setting up an email signature saves you the effort of typing out your sign off text at the end of every message. The content of the signature is up to you but commonly ranges from just your name to your full contact details, phone numbers etc.
Follow these steps to set up a Signature:
- Go to the Preferences > Signatures page.
- In the Name text box, type a descriptive name to identify the signature. You can create multiple signatures, so using an identifiable name here is helpful.
- (Optional) To format in plain text, click the Format As HTML dropdown menu and select Format As Plain Text.
- In the text box, type the signature text as you want it to appear. If you are using Format as HTML, you can add images and create links to your signature text.
- In the Using Signatures section, select the default signature, or primary account signature, from the drop down menu to use with messages sent from your various accounts.
- Select the placement of your signature in a message.
- Select Above included messages to add your signature at the end of your reply and before the included messages.
- Select Below included messages to add your signature at the end of the message.
- Select Save.